Welcome to mtnet.info
This web site is an independent resource for the electromagnetic induction community and is intended as an international electronic forum for the free exchange of knowledge, programs and data between scientists engaged in the study of the Earth using electromagnetic methods, principally but nor exclusively the magnetotelluric technique (magnetotellurics).
Activities undertaken by members come under the auspices of Working Group I-2 - Electromagnetic Induction in the Earth - of IAGA (International Association of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy).
The activities of the Working Group are organized by an elected 12-member committee who are a balanced representation of EM disciplines, geographic regions and gender. The WG Committee is led by an elected Chair, assisted by an elected Co-Chair. The officers of IAGA WG I.2 and the Chair and Co-Chair of the WG Committee are:
- Chair, IAGA WG I.2 2011-2015: Professor Ian Ferguson
- Co-Chair, IAGA WG I.2 2011-2015: Dr. Nick Palshin
- Chair, WG Committee 2012-2016: Professor Ian Ferguson
- Co-Chair, WG Committee 2012-2016: Dr. Nick Palshin
- Chair, IAGA WG I.2 2015-2019: Nominally current Co-Chair of IAGA WG I.2, Dr. Nick Palshin
- Co-Chair, IAGA WG I.2 2015-2019: To be decided by election of Co-Chair of WG Committee in 2014
- Chair, WG Committee 2016-2020: Nominally current Co-Chair of WG Committee, Dr. Nick Palshin
- Co-Chair, WG Committee 2016-2020: To be decided by election of Co-Chair of WG Committee in 2014
- PASSED: Abstract deadline for EM Induction Workshop 2014, 24-30 August, 2014.
News and Highlights
- Strike 6.1 released to registered strike users
- Call for Proposals to host the 2018 XXIV EM Induction Workshop
- Professor Gaston Fischer passed away on 23 March, 2014.
- 24 January 2014: RSS feed added for MTNet web pages
- MT3DINV3: POSTPONED UNTIL MARCH 2015.
Upcoming Events 2014-2015
- 16-19 June 2014: 76th EAGE Conference & Exhibition, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Session on CSEM: Where Do We Stand and Where Can We Go?
- 24-30 August 2014: EMIW 22, Weimar, Germany
- 22-26 September 2014: EMSEV, Warsaw, Poland
- 25-27 March, 2015: MT3DINV3
- 22 June - 5 July, 2015: IUGG, Prague, Czech Republic
Image of the month
Past images of the month can be viewed here.
- 08 July 2014: Recent EM publications
- 04 June 2014: Main page changes
- 09 May 2014: The Hog Award - updated files
- 05 May 2014: New image of the month
- 21 April 2014: Gaston Fischer's memoriam -- updated
- 27 January 2014: Classic MT papers
- 30 December 2013: Workshop Review papers
- 26 November 2013: Ted Madden's memoriam -- updated
- 26 September 2013: Classic EM publications
- 10 September 2013: EM books published by WG members
- 07 February 2013: Ebong Mbipom's memoriam
- 07 February 2013: In Memoriam
- 29 January 2013: Mete Isikara's memoriam
- 18 September 2012: Working Group structure and members
- 18 September 2012: International Conferences
- 19 April 2012: PhD theses
- 14 January 2012: Special publications by Working Group I.2 members
- 08 September 2011: Peter Weidelt's memoriam - new photograph
- 22 July 2011: Working Group
- 25 June 2011: Vacancies
- 20 June 2011: EM Workshops
- 28 March 2011: MTNet email archive: Problem with archival of emails since Summer, 2010 corrected
- 25 February 2011: MTNet now on LinkedIn
- 24 January 2011: EM publications by prominent scientists
- 07 January 2011: Documents
- 26 September 2010: Workshop photos
MTNet emailing list and distributionsTo become a member of the MTNet mailing list, or to send a message to all members on the list, please go here and follow the instructions.
To see the email list archive since 2004, go here
The MTNet webmasters will not forward emails to the list unless for special circumstances (e.g., from someone who is not a member of MTNet who wishes a job announcement to be circulated). If you want a message to go to the list, YOU must send it as described in the instructions. Emails received by the MTNet webmasters that do not conform exactly to those instructions will be ignored without response.
Please note that only registered members of the list can send emails to the list. If you are sending a message to the MTNet list from an address that is different from the one that is in the list, the message will be rejected automatically.
If you recently changed your email address or wish to send emails from another address please contact the MTNet list master on email@example.com
MTNet maintenanceMTNet is maintained by a webmaster and a listmaster.
The webmaster makes changes to MTNet web pages. This is done by Alan Jones (DIAS).
The listmaster makes changes to the MTNet email list - both the electronic distribution list and the address list. This is done by Colin Hogg (DIAS).
MTNET undergoes regular updates. In the event of any problems or if you want to give us some feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MTNet site is hosted by the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (DIAS)